7000+ GK ( General Knowledge) Questions and Answers Multiple Choice Objective Type Practice Questions (MCQs) with Answers for All Competitive Exams and Entrance Exams Practice Preparation online
these Questions may helpful for UPSC, SSC CGL, SSC CHSL , PSC and General studies papers part
Quiz practice Online
The International Day for Biological Diversity (IDB) is observed every year on May 22 to increase understanding and awareness of biodiversity issues. The 2017 theme 'Biodiversity and Sustainable Tourism' provides an opportunity to raise awareness and action towards the important contribution of sustainable tourism both to economic growth and to the conservation and sustainable use of biodiversity.
The first of the four stages of coal formation is lignite coal.
There are four stages of coal formation:
3. Bituminous and
The bacteria has removed a large portion of the other constituents of the plant matter and left around 25 to 34 percent.
Culture is the social behavior and norms found in human societies. The 7 main elements that make up culture are ::
1. Social organization
- the family patterns and social classes of a culture.
2. Customs and traditions
- way people act, wear, what they eat, and their laws.
- communication by word of mouth.
- a system of beliefs that answers questions about the meaning of life.
5. Art and literature
- ways the people entertain themselves. There stories they tell and how they dance. Its also the music they listen to and there artwork.
6. Forms of government
- the people or group(s) that control the people and provide/ enforce the laws.
7. Economic systems
- the method used by a society to produce and distribute goods and services.
The sites in India named include Nanda Devi and Valley of Flowers National Park, Kaziranga National Park, Manas Wildlife Sanctuary, Keoladeo National Park, Western Ghats, Great Himalayan National Park Conservation Area and Khangchendzonga National Park.
1. In the latest Global 500 rankings of most valuable and powerful brands across the globe, Sundar Pichai’s Google has surpassed Apple to achieve the top position.
2. The Brand Finance Global 500 list published on February 2, 2017 had featured Apple as the top brand for continuous five years.
3. However, for 2017, the ranking revealed that Google’s brand value rose by 24 percent to $109.5bn in 2016. The brand value of Apple on the other hand dropped 27 percent to $107bn.
4. This is for the first time since 2011 that Google has been placed at the top spot. The third place has been occupied by Amazon.
5. The ranking is based upon factors such as marketing investment, familiarity, loyalty, staff satisfaction and corporate reputation.
Here all the given compounds have both ionic and covalent bonds.
NaNO3 - In Sodium nitrate, Nitrate is covalently bonded as nitrogen is bonded with 3 oxygen atoms. And this nitrate is ionically bonded with sodium.
CaSO4 - In Calcium sulphate, sulphate is covalently bonded as sulphur is bonded with 4 oxygen atoms. And this sulphate is ionically bonded with calcium.
NH4Cl - In Ammonium chloride, ammonium is covalently bonded as nitrogen is bonded with 4 hydrogen atoms. And this ammonium is ionically bonded with chlorine.