1400 + Indian Polity MCQ Questions And Answers part 2 for UPSC / SSC and competitive exams Online and Offline Exams Preparation Mcq for prep from Gurujobalert
1. The country did not possess sufficient financial resources to implement them.
2. There was widespread backwardness in the country that could stand in the way of implementation.
1. A dispute between the Government of India and one or more States
2. A dispute regarding elections to either House of the Parliament or that of Legislature of a State
3. A dispute between the Government of India and a Union Territory
4. A dispute between two or more States
Select the correct answer using the codes given below:
1. Territory of the constituents of the Indian federation may be altered by the Parliament by a simple majority.
2. Consent of the State Legislature is necessary before the Parliament alters boundaries.
3. President's recommendation is necessary for introducing any Bill on redrawing the boundary of a State.
4. President must have State's opinion before altering the name of the State. Which of the following statements is/are correct?
1. Superintendence, direction and conduct of free and fair elections
2. Preparation of electoral rolls for all elections to the Parliament, State Legislatures and the Office of the President and the Vice-President
3. Giving recognition to political parties and allotting election symbols to political parties and individuals contesting the election
4. Proclamation of final verdict in the case of election disputes Which of the above are the functions of the Election Commission of India?
1. Finance Commission.
2. Central Vigilance Commission
3. National Human Rights Commission.
4. Central Information Commission.
5. Competition Commission of India.
6. Union Public Service Commission.
7. National Commission for SCs.
The 44th Amendment of the Indian constitution removed the right to property from the list of fundamental right and made it an ordinary right.
1. Mohammad Hidayatullah
2. Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed
3. Neelam Sanjiva Reddy
4. Shankar Dayal Sharma
Select the correct answer using the code given below :
1. The Ministries/Departments of the Government of India are created by the Prime Minister on the advice of the Cabinet Secretary.
2. Each of the Ministries is assigned to a Minister by the President of India on the advice of the Prime Minister.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct ?
1. The procedure and grounds for his removal from the office are the same as of a Judge of Supreme Court.
2. He prescribes the form in which accounts of the Union and the States are to be kept.
Select the correct answer using the code given below
1. To amend the Constitution.
2. When a Bill has been pending with one House for more than six months after it was passed by the other
3. When both the Houses disagree on the amendments to be made in a Bill.
4. When a bill is passed by one House and is rejected by the other.
Select the correct answer using the codes given below.